Bevcorp’s beverage blending and refrigeration division manufactures the MicroBlend blending system and a variety of combinations including:
- Carbonated soft drink blenders offer optional CO2 or N2 injection with water deaeration and product chilling
- Hot fill and non-carbonated blenders are manufactured without the gas injection, deaeration, and product chilling
- Multi-stream blenders enable the addition of multiple streams of flavors and ingredients to the finished product
MICRO2 ADVANTAGE SERIES BLENDER
Bevcorp’s newest piece of equipment is the Micro2 Advantage Series Blender. This improved blending system, built behind the original MicroBlend™ thought process, has new and improved features including:
- Deaerates blended product before final carbonation; as low as .2ppm of dissolved oxygen
- No membranes to clean or replace
- No vacuum pump or other pumps needed; energy savings up to $28 per day
- Process is in normal CIP path; deaeration process is cleaned every time blender goes through CIP
- Reduced foaming at filler; filler bowl modification is needed to benefit from low dissolved oxygen product.
- Patent pending
- Reduces oxygen and nitrogen levels in the blended product
- Product is deaerated without the use of water deaeration
- Less volatile product at the filler; improves operating speed and temperature requirements
- Upgrades available to late model blenders only
- Trade-ins available on new equipment purchase
- To achieve optimum results, changes may be required on existing fillers
Bevcorp’s In-Line Carbonator was designed to carbonate products being pumped into a bright tank. Products include beer, flavored water, soft drinks, low-velocity juice, and wine. While the product is transferred into the bright tank, the In-Line Carbonator will carbonate to a specified volume of CO2 set at the touch panel.
- CO2 volume range of .5 to 4.0
- Capacity of 5 to 80 gallons of product per minute
- Temperature range of 33°F to 43°F
- Time savings during beverage carbonation
- Mobile design
- Limits CO2 waste
- Automated touch screen functionality
- Additional options available
*Pictured above Micro2 Advantage Series Blender (back), In-Line Carbonator (front and back), Micro2 Advantage Series Blender (front)
The MicroBlend blending system is the only patented mass flow based multi-stream blending system that offers precision blending to an accuracy of ± .1% with a repeatability of ± .025%. The MicroBlend blending system has achieved its ability to measure, blend, carbonate and calculate product strength and yield information due to the capabilities of the Micro Motion Elite Mass Flow Meters and the specialized software developed for this process.
Flow, density and temperature each play a crucial part in calculations performed in the MicroBlend™ system. The system uses Mass Flow Meters to measure the syrup, water and CO2 streams with blending ratios ranging from 2-to-1 to as high as 30-to-1. All quality, yield, efficiency and production records are displayed in real time as well as logged for review and can be ported to a supervisory computer.
Features and Benefits:
- Virtually eliminates losses due to off-spec product
- Reduces downtime due to flavor or tank changes
- Continuously monitors syrup concentration to reduce variances and improve product quality and yield
- Calculates the exact amount of gas to be injected into the blended beverage.
- Virtually eliminates product loss or empty containers left on the line due to its automated container cut-off feature
- Continuously control brix
- Continuously control ratio
- Continuously alarm and shut down if product is not within operator specified range
- Elevate finished product brix/ratio on start-ups
- Shut down if sugar is introduced during a diet run
- Continuous record of events and line conditions
- Automated changeover
- Automated container cut off
- Logs a constant record of events (operator changes, brix, tank changes, etc.)
- Alarms and shuts down blend process if out of standard conditions occur for brix, ratio etc.)
- Has elevation feature for start-up brix or ratio to make all product charge-ups the same
- Informs operator when the syrup is at full strength at the blend unit on charge-ups.
- Variable blend rate lets operator choose the rate for desired containers per minute.
- Extremely accurate proportioning and monitoring; product accuracy of ±0.2%
- Reads brix in true brix, not refractive brix, same as parent company
- Records line speed, filler efficiency and actual and projected cases.
- Configurable inventory and production alarms
- Can be totally hot or cold sanitized with no plumbing changes.
COST SAVINGS & PAYBACK
Our customers claim that our MicroBlend blending system has less than a two (2) year payback. The MicroBlend blending system saves money on changeovers in two ways. First, when water is used to push syrup to the blend unit; the MicroBlend blending system decreases the amount of water proportional to the lowering syrup brix until the blending rate cannot be maintained and automatically shuts down. All blended product in the system is at standard and can be used with maximum syrup yields.
For production with 3 or more streams, Bevcorp’s Multi-stream Blenders meet the current needs of the juice industry, as well as many other food and non-food manufacturers. Based on the recipe requirements, which can be stored in the blender’s memory, individual streams are enabled or disabled. The number of streams is essentially unlimited and each stream can be controlled to the flow meter’s specification of .1%. The units of measurement can be mass or volumetric.
To achieve the various flow capacities, each stream has specific control valves designed for potential flow rates. Flow controllers have multiple deviation alarms programmed with warnings to shut down based on severity. Each stream has its own priming mode and settings for initial startup sequencing. Rinsing and CIP are also delivered to each stream or its reservoir.
These blenders utilize specialized software to allow graphics, component totals, density, temperature and event and historical data logging. The historical data allows review of the production records and specialized reporting.
Each stream will monitor:
- Mass flow in lbs/min
- Total lbs
- Density in gm/cm
- Total gallons
- Brix relative to sucrose
- Control output percentage
Historical Trending Consists of:
- Stream flow set point
- Product tank level
- Stream GPM
- Product temperature
- Control output percentage
- Product tank flow
- Product density
- Product brix
CARBONATED SOFT DRINKS
Bevcorp’s CSD blenders are manufactured with either CO2 or N2O injection. CSD blenders can be equipped with either membrane or vacuum water deaeration. Bevcorp also provides product chillers with a reputation for quality.
Hot fill and non-carbonated blenders are manufactured without the gas injection, deaeration, and product chilling. Juice blending systems are manufactured in 304L or 316L SS depending on customer specifications. Mineralized waters can be blended at approximately 25-to-1.